This post collates various resources for getting started with the Kivy graphical framework for Python.
Follow the official installation documentation.
- Official Kivy docs
- Text tutorials
- The official Kivy documentation. Linked is the API reference, almost everything in Kivy is documented in there somewhere.
Kivy comes with many examples, with fairly complete coverage of most widgets and other core features. These are very valuable for working out how to use things.
On some platforms, the examples may be installable as a separate package from your operating system’s package manager.
See in particular:
- The official Kivy Discord channels are the single most active support channel.
- The Kivy-users google group.
- The issues list on Github. This should only be used if reporting an apparent bug in Kivy itself, it isn’t a good place for generic support requests.
- Kivy users and developers may be active on Python Discord.